Looking back on this discussion I have determined that summer is getting to me. I am so busy throughout the school year that I forget how to feel useful during the summer.
*****************************************
I was discussing, with Daniel, the need for more responsibility in my life. Daniel said "You have me!" I responded with "I was thinking something more along the lines of a dog, a fish, a plant....any of those would work." I was in the middle of validating my point when he so lovingly reminded me that I have something that depends on me already.
How could I forget....my stinky, old, ugly Hermit Crab. Not exactly the answer or response I wanted, but I guess it works. Afterall, we have been through a lot together. We do make a good team. He has been the class pet for 3 years now. He was donated by a parent and all the First Graders love him. I can't say I was ecstatic, excited, or thrilled to have this new addition 3 years ago but he has grown on me. I feed him every few days and spray the sand to keep it moist in the aquarium. Anytime I go near the tank he comes out to see me. He is a friendly little hermit.
2 comments:
I can't believe you've had that crab for 3 years....I don't think we managed to keep our alive for 3 months. In fact one of them only lived overnight. What a tragedy. Goldfish seem to be more our speed. Not to worry...summer is going by quickly and then you'll be standing in front of a new 1st grade class and wishing you had more free time again. The circle of life....whopee!!!!!!!
Come on you blogged about old Hermi, why not blog about your 3 new additions?? Anytime you want to borrow my kiddos to feel more responsibility I will be more than happy to share!
Post a Comment