Thursday, September 25, 2008

TGIF!!

HOORAY for Friday! The past two weeks have been PACKED full for us. I had 21 parent teacher conferences last week. This week Daniel had three late night study sessions at U of A, three tests, a project, plus both of his jobs. Needless to say it was BRUTAL!! The alarm went off way too early in the morning....and bedtime was getting later and later with the tests approaching. The few days Daniel was able to sleep in past 5am, my alarm and snooze habits prevented it. POOR GUY :( I am happy to report that his Economics, Management Information, and Accounting tests all went well. In celebration we went to Daniel's favorite restaurant, Olive Garden, for dinner.

Today I honestly had a first in my teaching career. I took my class to the restroom after lunch as normal. One of my students came out and with big eyes and a loud voice....he first clarifies that he was not tattling then he went on to say "MRS. STONE they are playing in the toilet!" I never expected what happened next. I stood outside the door and told all of the boys to come out of the bathroom. It was pretty clear what happened once I saw them. Three boys were taking turns flushing their heads in the urinal!! YUCK!! I was thankful that the three boys were in other classes and my students didn't participate....but I still can't believe it....who gives themselves swirlies? Oh the joys of first grade....I LOVE IT!!!

3 comments:

The Baker Family said...

That's too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Jill Branch said...

That's too funny about your class. Everyone except Kyle went to Lowes the other night to find some lights for a project of mine. Anyway, Kayla saw the bathroom displays and screeched with delight. "Mom, come look at this sink. It's just my size." So I go over, yep....you guessed it. It's not a sink......it's a Bidet.

That was fun. :)

Jill Branch said...

Hey, it just finally dawned on me today as I'm looking at your picture on the top of your blog. Cute picture. :) This new class is really hard. It's great to see some encouragement on your blog. Thanks