Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Teacher's Summer

Most people think that teachers have it easy....2 months off, right? That is what I use to think too. That is until I started teaching!!! Then I realized the summer is filled with classes, organizing, planning, and then more organizing!! And when all is said and done there is never enough time to complete all the items on the to do list!
This summer I am taking classes, studying for the Early Childhood Certification test, and trying to organize my classroom all at the same time.
After helping my little sister organize her 1st grade classroom library I knew I had to re-organize mine. So this week I worked on my classroom library! I organized all of the student books by genre. I still need to make tags for each basket but that is the easy part!! Now once school starts the challenge is teaching students how to put the book back in the right basket.
So much better...wish I had a before picture!!
Reading Area from different angles

One item checked off the list....a lot more to go!!! :)

No comments: