Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thanks Daniel

Well we made it through the New Years Dance with out any major catastrophes. The kids seemed to have fun....all 209 of them!

Somehow Daniel, being the wonderful husband he is, knew that I was going to need a break. I had no idea...but Daniel had booked a room at the Hilton Tapatio Cliff Resort in Phoenix for the weekend. His timing was PERFECT...I really needed a break!!
Friday we went to the temple and then we went a checked into our hotel. After checking in I told Daniel I wanted Frazolis. We knew that there were some around the resort because we saw them when we stayed there for our wedding. So thus the two and a half hour adventure began. Yes....TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER. You may be asking..... why two and a half hours.....well men will be men. Daniel DID NOT want to ask for directions. We used 1-800-goog-411 to get the address. After finding three, all of which were closed, Daniel decided it was time to give up. By that time it was 11:30....so we settled for IHOP. The next day we didn't get lost once.....mostly due to the fact that we asked where everything was. :)

Saturday we slept in and went to an early movie. We saw Bedtime Stories....which is now Daniel's new favorite movie. Daniel took me shopping and we went to dinner. It was so nice spending time together without any stress. Thanks Daniel for being so thoughtful.

1 comment:

Jill Branch said...

We're so glad that you survived the New Year's Eve Dance. I'm sure it was a great success. Cute pictures of the two of you. Give Daniel a pat on the back for that lovely surprise. That was a good one.