Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mrs. Stone you are so embarrassing!!

Everyday in First Grade is an exciting adventure. The past week has been very busy. I had three meetings on Wednesday so I wore an outfit that matches these super cute shoes. I didn't question my attire because I wear shoes like these fairly often. Well....after Wednesday these shoes are officially retired from the teaching profession.
The bell rang and I had to rush out of a meeting quickly. I was walking with two boys from my class. Next thing I knew I had fallen down!!! Not only in front of two of my students but in front of parents that were leaving campus. I jumped up and insured the parents that I was okay. As we walked off from the scene the first words out of my students mouths was "Mrs. Stone you are so embarrassing!" I had to laugh!!! As my knee was bleeding and my shin was all scratched I thought...a six year old said that you were embarrassing....the very next thought that went through my mind was.....This is why I love teaching first grade!!!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ha! That is really funny. I can't wait until my boys think I'm embarassing. (I'll cry though.) Cute shoes too!

Jill Branch said...

Oh.....you poor thing. We'll just call you "Grace" for now. We've all had those wonderful moments sometime in our lives. Last time I fell and hit the floor, I ended up cracking two teeth right in the front of my mouth. That was a nice one. They are supper cute shoes though, don't retire them all together, they're too cute to end up retired.