Saturday, June 6, 2009

You will never believe it!!

So....what are the chances of losing your wedding ring on your anniversary...not likely? What are the chances of losing your wedding ring on your first anniversary? Even smaller?? Well...there must be some chance because Daniel lost his wedding band on our anniversary.

He did have a good reason for having it off. He works with pools and the white gold does not mix well with chlorine. He lost it somewhere Friday and spend a long time looking for it because he knew it was not going to be a nice anniversary if he didn't find it. Well...he never found it. So as we were on the outskirts of Marana going to Phoenix for the weekend Daniel says, "What is the worst thing that could happen on your anniversary?" I started quickly going through scenarios in my head....thinking WHAT HAPPENED AND WHAT IS HE GOING TO SAY NEXT?? As I thought I glanced down at his hand and it wasn't there!! He quickly tried to explain what happened to his ring before I lost it. Well by the time I calmed down and convinced myself that it wasn't a big deal we were approaching Casa Grande. I talked to my mom and she helped me come back to reality. I know it took a while....it is kinda of embarrassing now to think that I let that be so upsetting because it is not that big of a deal!!! Daniel really thought out the different scenarios and decided the car ride would give me time to clam down and think and hopefully I would be over it by the time we got there. He was right...he knows me so well.


After the ring drama nothing was going to ruin our night. Daniel gave me a watch that is exactly what I would have picked if I was looking for a watch. We spent some time looking for a new wedding band and went to dinner. Saturday morning we woke up and went shopping and ate at Cheesecake Factory...YUM!!! Later we finally settled on a new band, which is tungsten, that he will not have to take off when he is working. All in all it was a fun weekend and a very memorable anniversary that I am sure we will tell our kids about someday.

5 comments:

Shanna said...

It's an anniversary miracle...Daniel lives to see another day!!! Poor Daniel, I am glad you got over it! Worse things could have happened...trust me I've been married nearly 8 years..I KNOW!! But still no fun, especially on your special day! Well happy anniversary, just think your second year started out bad...so it HAS to end GOOD!

Jill Branch said...

Maybe that's just a family trait. Seems to my memory that a certain dad of yours lost his wedding band at Big Surf...however, I think he found it the same day though. Oh well.....Funny how things like that make us go nuts and then we regain our composure. Just ask Granny....I completely lost mine on Friday. Kayla had dress rehearsal and they put lipstick on all the girls. Well of course when I get Kayla back she's got lipstick from other girls all over her white shirt. They have bumped into her and left kiss marks on the sleves. UGHHHHHH!!!!! I was just a little upset. Then I tried to wash it out and the buttons on the front, which really aren't buttons, but beads and sequens, were completely destroyed. The recital was the next morning. So off to Joann's we all went trying to recover from the destruction. With me and my bad attitude in tow. I got over it, found buttons that worked just great and the show went on. But after it's all over I wonder why I lost my head....oh well, I'll try better next time and I'm sure you'll try harder next time as well. Hope you and Daniel had a wonderful anniversary. Best of all, now he has a band that he doesn't have to take off.

Jeanette said...

That's a great idea to get a tungsten ring. Jeremy was taking off his ring for work the first couple of weeks of work, but then realized it was too much of a problem, and every time you take it off is another chance to loose it. Remember I lost my birthstone ring at winter formal? I had taken it off to put on lotion in the shmancy bathroom. Oh well, we live and learn!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I think the 2nd year tops the 1st, so I am sure this one will hold so many great things for you guys.

John and Becky Bowler said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm glad that you guys found a new ring. That is too funny. :)