Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feasting on the Mayflower

As posted previously, we feasted on the Mayflower today at school. Our costumes were quite the buzz around school. We had a local newspaper come to the school to report. We also had a few pictures highlighted on the evening news. Here is a link to the site http://pics.kold.com/MediaItemView.aspx?id=362700
We had a blast today! A kindergartner rode by on a tricycle and did a double take. She then stopped the trike and stared as I approached. She said " Are you a real pilgrim girl?" I responded "Of course!" They are too cute.... they believe anything you tell them. Apparently she told some friends about her run in with the real pilgrim girl. We quickly were the topic of conversation in the kinder classrooms. The Kinder teachers said they were so excited they saw a real pilgrim.
Overall everything went extremely well, with the exception of tripping the circuit breaker a few times. We hope to make this an annual tradition for years to come.

1 comment:

Jill Branch said...

What a great teacher you are. I'm sure the kids had a wonderful time and they made memories they will always remember. I mean who could forget eating thanksgiving on the Mayflower. I can't wait to see what you're going to do for Christmas :)